Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Tale of Two Beaches

Crazy day. I look at Yirrell, Revere, Nahant, kite at Seabrook, go to Ben's soccer game, then kite at Nahant. This is how an obsessive kiter acts. That doesn't mean that I am an obsessive kiter. It just means that I act that way a tiny little bit sometimes.

Nahant, Long Beach- Water is smooth and inviting in the morning but I want bigger waves. When I come back for my evening session, hoping the waves had picked up, they're almost gone. I love this beach in S or SSW wind though.
Picture- Stoke, in the AM.




Seabrook Beach- Waves are mostly chest to head high. They're a little bigger than Nahant but aren't as smooth or as nicely formed. Seabrook is more of a deep water wave, breaking in a little closer to the beach. Nice local crew, friendly, some of the guys are kiting hard, flying high.
Picture- Rod.

I didn't see any sign of the massive hurricane swells and life threatening rip tides that the radio was warning about. False promises.

Kitesurfed, Seabrook, SSE, 23-28, 10M Rally/Mako 150, with Rod, Jay, others.
Kitesurfed, Nahant, S, SSW, 17-23, 10M Rally/Flx 138.
Top Picture- Jay the Joker at Seabrook. Click on pics for full size.

0 comments: